After a long winter, NORPCA is pleased to invite you to a relaxing weekend in the Mountains – Friday May 17 to Sunday May 19.
WHERE IS IT AND HOW DO WE GET THERE? The Spring Mountain Weekend will be headquartered at Seven Springs Mountain Resort – about an hour southeast of Pittsburgh. A fast 3 hours/190 miles from our area via the Interstates or about 5 hours/220 miles via a combination of Porsche worthy back roads and Interstates. We’ll even provide a suggestion of a twisty route including lunch stops.
WHAT’S ON THE ITINERARY?
- Welcome gathering in the Resort’s Bavarian Lounge 5pm May 17 followed by dinner.
- Options to drive hilly roads to tour Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water or Kentuck Knob home.
- A chance to go caving at Laurel Caverns – the largest cave in Pennsylvania just further down the same hilly roads.
- Go in the other direction and visit the Flight 93 National Memorial northeast of the resort. Or just hang out at the resort
- Hit their SPA, play golf, or hike their trails.
- Gather again to share your experiences on Saturday afternoon and evening.
- Stay in the area for a bit on Sunday if you want before heading home.
ARE THERE SPECIAL ROOM RATES? Yes! Special NORPCA room rates are available starting at $159 per night + tax. Upgrades are available. We also will have reserved parking and a place to wash your Porsche.
WHAT DOES IT COST? $20 per car (we are working on getting special group rates for each attraction depending on the number interested in each option.)
HOW DO WE SIGN UP? Send an e-mail to Dan Engel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-889-2711. Dan will send back a detailed weekend itinerary and instructions on how to book your lodging at Seven Springs, and register for the 2019 NORPCA Spring Mountain Weekend at www.clubregistration.net . (event 9647)
THE SPRING MOUNTAIN WEEKEND is not that far away – so mark your calendars and send your registration e-mail right away. Registration will close before May!